We have partnered with UPS to provide you with the best possible Gground 2-day and next-day delivery service. Next-day and 2-day services will of course be in transit for 1 and 2 business days respectively, regardless of the recipient's location. Ground shipments are in transit for between 1 and 5 business days, depending on the destination. A UPS Ground Service map is provided below for your reference:
Shipping charges are calculated automatically during checkout, based on the weight of the product being shipped. You will have the opportunity to review the shipping costs before finalizing your order.
Shipping charges vary by destination, and all available options to your shipping locations are displayed. The cost of any necessary insulated packaging and gel-ice refrigerant is included in your freight cost. During the warm summer months, ground service is limited to destinations to which UPS can deliver within 2 days.
Please note that orders are processed each day at noon Central Standard Time. Orders received after noon CST may not be processed until the following shipping day. For example, if you order by noon CST on Monday using 2-day shipping, we will ship your order that day for arrival by end of day Wednesday. If you order Friday after noon CST, we will ship your order on the following Monday.
During the cool months of autumn and winter, we ship 5 days a week: Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). However, to ensure that your order arrives in the best possible condition, during the warm spring and summer months (generally April through October), we must restrict delivery time to 48 hours. When warm weather shipping is in effect, we ship orders with 2-day shipping Monday through Wednesday only, and next-day shipments Monday through Thursday only. Ground shipping is restricted to those destinations within the UPS 2-day ground delivery zone—generally Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. Ground shipments are made Monday through Wednesday. Orders placed after these deadlines will be held until the following Monday.
We also have a "Future Ship Date" option, so you can order your gifts early and avoid holiday rushes. Please specify ship dates in the User Comments / Special Instructions box provided in the checkout process. Please be aware that you are picking a ship date and NOT an arrival date. Include appropriate delivery time based on the shipping method selected when determining the hold date.
Example: A Valentine's Day order placed on Feb. 1 with ground shipping to New York and a Feb 13 hold date will NOT arrive by Valentine's Day. Such an order would be processed on Feb 13 and then take 5 business days to reach its destination, arriving on Feb. 20.
Please refer to the shipping methods information above to ensure that you schedule your order correctly.
Sorry, but we are not able to ship to PO boxes at this time.
We strongly suggest that a package be shipped to a destination where a person will be available to receive the package (preferably a business address if no one will be home).
Products are not guaranteed by Bittersweet Confections in warm weather unless our shipping guidelines are followed and unless a product is received by a person rather then left outside.
Additional costs will be incurred for expedited shipping.
Upon checkout, please take a moment to provide us with this important information.
1. Phone number for shipping address
2. Whether the shipping address is a HOME or BUSINESS
3. If the order is a gift (if it is, please include a gift card message to attach to the order)
NOTE: Signature will be required for deliveries of package unless otherwise requested in your order. To waive the need for a signature, please read the Shipping Policy Information above and note this request on the shopping cart under “Special Instruction/comments.”
Failure to provide needed information may result in unanticipated shipping delays.
1. Orders take 1–5 days to ship from time of receipt. We do everything possible to complete orders in 1–2 days. However, orders placed during busy periods such as Christmas and Valentines Day may take longer, and we may hold orders received at the end of a week for shipment the following Monday to avoid having perishables sit in a freight warehouse over the weekend.
2. An email confirmation will be sent when your order is received and again when your order is shipped. The second email will contain your package tracking number and the total amount charged to your credit card. This will be your receipt of the transaction.
3. Calculated shipping costs are estimates only. Exact shipping costs will not be known until the package is packed for shipping. This is due to fluctuating prices charged by UPS, fuel surcharges, and changing gas prices. In the unusual case of actual charges being substantially higher then that estimated by our shopping cart (if shipping would be more then 20% higher than estimated), you will be contacted for approval.
4. Order cancellation: Due to the perishable nature of our product, we cannot accept returns on food items, and NO refunds will be given after an order has been shipped. Cancellations prior to shipping are subject to a 35% restocking fee. Cancellations on customized orders are not allowed.
5. We are not responsible for melted chocolates.
Bittersweet Confections Mid-City, 639 S. Hennessey Street, NOLA 70119, hours: Sun 7:30 a.m. – 2 p.m., Mon – Fri 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Sat 7:00 a.m. –4 p.m.
504.523.2626 | Email Us